Hridayabija means 'seed of the heart' and is the name of the East Devon Forest Garden, which aims to offer a nourishing environment where you can be on retreat in a living ecosystem.
Accommodation is under canvas - either in your own tents, or Sagaravajra, the site's creator, can soon also offer accommodation in bell tents if glamping is rather more your style!
Hridayabija seeks to integrate Buddhist spiritual practice into the abundance of a living eco system; A Pureland if you will. Started on a bare horse paddock in 2010, it a few short years it has undergone an astonishing transformation into an amazing and magical ‘forest garden.’ People frequently report visiting the garden as being a life changing experience. Hridayabija is an attempt to demonstrate that though while we cannot change the world, we can change at least a small part of it. We offer a lyrical response of living in congruence to our environmentally troubled times; a response of celebrating the worlds natural Beauty and power of restoration. We offer Hridayabija for the benefit of the many; to encounter this beauty and abundance through spiritual Practice, Spiritual community, practice of the Arts and appreciation of the living Environment. Camping and increasing glamping options are available. We have a range of glamping options in development, we can currently provide two yurts, and soon to also have 6 bell tents and a small cabin to stay in.
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Hridayabija/
PLEASE NOTE: The postcode given in the address below will only take you to Kerswell village and you will get lost - it's just added to give you an indication where the site is. Please follow the directions to Hridayabija below rather than using a SatNav:
How to get here:
Post code navigation will get you lost! - however copy these coordinates into your sat nav and you should get to the gate (only have to follow the last step of instructions!) 50.848544,-3.312006
Directions by car
By Sat nav
- This is the most reliable way to find Hridayabija, the post code will get you lost.
- the coordinates will take you to a gate
- from here travel three hundred feet to the brown stables on the left
- From M5 exit at Junction 28. Take A373 towards Honiton
- on the A373 pass right through village of Dulford (about 4 miles from the M5).
- At the last house in Dulford take first left towards Kerswell.
- Travel for 1 km to cross roads (labelled Mathews Cross) take left turn towards Kentisbeare
- After 70 on the right you will see a gate - and private track - (there is a water tower and ponds) if you get lost ask for the water treatment works
- follow track for 300 ft you will see a black gate and brown stables you have arrived
We are served by two train stations:
- Tiverton Parkway 7 miles from Hridyabija (Paddington line)
- Feniton four miles from Hridayabija ( Waterloo)
A falcon Bus stops hourly in Cullompton - links with Exeter and Bristol (four miles from Hridayabija)